Reuseable Wrapper Bags Wrapper Bags, The Sewing Circle way!
Start saving wrappers, newspaper articles, childrens artwork. Whatever might make a fun bag! You will be provided Melissa's FULL pattern at class - IN COLOR!
• Wrapper for bag (or a magazine cover, newspaper, chip wrapper….think outside the “bag”)
• Zipper- longer than the top of the bag – if your bag will be 10” you need at least 11”. I like to use the Pam Damour Zippers by the yard (you get 3 yards and 8 slides, so you can make LOTS of fun bags!)
• Heat N’ Bond Thermoweb Iron-on Gloss Vinyl or Matte
• Thread to match or contrast for quilting (40 or 50 wt)
• Batting – If your bag will be 6” x 8” you will need 12” x 18”. Twice the size + 2” length and width. -
• Lining Fabric or PUL– Same size as batting. PUL can be used so that the inside of the bag can be washed. PUL (Polyurethane Laminate.) is a pre-laminated fabric.
• Two small pieces of fabric for the end of your zippers - 2” x 4” each
• 505 spray adhesive -
• Non-stick Needle (size 80 or 90) or a NEW Universal 80 or 90–
• Clips or pins to hold layers together
• Non-stick presser foot or non-stick glides to add to your presser foot (we have them both in the store -
• Quilt guides for your machine -
• Walking foot or free-motion foot for quilting -
Familiarity with your machine.
Melissa's Pattern, kit for first bag
Advanced Signup Required
Includes the pattern (if you already have the pattern, we will discount class $10.) and kit for first bag