Be ready to fill up your fat-quarter sandwich! This is a fun way to practice and learn new patterns! We will focus on designs to fill your fat quarter sandwich. Topics below will be arranged by type of stitching.
You MUST have the basics of free motion SOLID in your head. That means, you should be able to put on your free-motion foot, drop your feed teeth, bring your bobbin tail up and start to move. It is best if you have taken BEGINNING FREE MOTION before this club.
Supplies for each class listed below:
- Sewing machine in good working order
- free motion feet of your choice
- free motion accessories like a Free Motion Assistant or Free Motion Sliding mats, free motion gloves
- Fabric (each time bring a new sandwich to each class)
- 1 fat quarter of solid fabric (18" x 22")
- 1 fat quarter of a fun decorative fabric (18" x 22")
- 18" x 22" cotton batting
- thread to match fabric (Aurifil, King Tut or any other 50 wt. long-staple cotton thread)
- Size 80 quilting needle
- Book: First steps to free- motion quilting REQUIRED (purchased at The Sewing Circle- 10% OFF)
- Monday June 5, 2023-Edge to Edge lines
- Monday August 7, 2023 - Pebbles & echos
- Monday October 2, 2023 - Vines & leaves
- Monday December 4, 2023- Methods in Meandering
- Monday February 5, 2024 - Echoing patterns
- Monday April 1, 2024 - Table runner project
If you have purchased your sewing machine from TSC, Call 970-672-2147 to sign up.