Learn to sew with Jo. Start at the very beginning or if you are more advanced, pick a project to work on with the help of our wonderful teacher Jo. No matter the level, Jo can help you learn how to sew garments.
If you are very new to sewing, Jo will have you start with a pillowcase, zippered bag and pull-on lounge pants. If you are more advanced and need someone to help you through a more difficult technique, Jo will help you through the project.
Learn the basics of a garment sewing using a commercial pattern with our help. Choose a simple pattern and we will help you navigate the use of a commercial pattern with woven fabric. Let us help you select your pattern and supplies. Have questions? Just ask
- fabric scissors
- thread snips
- measuring tape
- thread to match garment
- fabric as noted in pattern
- notions required by pattern (interfacing, snaps, zippers, buttons etc)
- sewing machine in good working order
- new sewing machine needle appropriate for the fabric
- power cord
- foot control and other sewing machine accessories
- seam gauge
- marking pencil or chalk
- fabric and notions as indicated by pattern or instructor
- ******prewashing fabric is recommended
**You will need an iron and ironing board. We have some you can use in class. You do not need to bring one to class.
Jo will be calling you prior to class to discuss your projects. Please sign up EARLY so she has time to call you.