This class is for the beginner or those who want to get back into quilting and have a refresher. Basics of cutting, pressing, fabric selection and following a pattern will be taught. We will show you the correct way to make borders and binding.
You will also learn how to stitch in the ditch to quilt your quilt top. You will cut and sew during class time and have homework between classes. **Please purchase fabric prior to class.
- Yellow Brick Road Pattern (provided at signup)- If you signup online, please come in and let us know and we will give you the pattern.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Rotary cutter, mat and ruler.
- 40 or 50 weight Thread to match
- NEW 80 universal needle
- Iron & Ironing Mat
- Scissors and seam ripper
- 505 Spray Basting Glue
- ¼” piecing foot recommended
- 12 Fat quarters quality quilters cotton
- 1.5 yards quality quilters cotton for borders
- 5/8 yard quality quilters cotton for binding
- 3.5 yards quality quilters cotton for backing
- Ironing pad
CLASS #1 Focus: Cutting ONLY. Bring your fabric (pressed), rotary cutter and ruler ONLY.
CLASS #2 - 4: Bring Sewing machine and sewing supplies
This pattern is written to be used with fat quarters. The cutting instructions are designed for this shape of fabric. A fat quarter is a piece of fabric cut to 18" x 21" (or 22"). If you are using yardage, please cut it into fat quarters prior to class. (Miscellaneous scraps will not work for this class.) At the Sewing Circle we will cut any fabric into a fat quarter for you.
Regarding fabric, please press it flat prior to class. We have a lot to cover and this is a real timesaver.
You are welcome to come to the store 10-15 minutes early to get set up so that we can start on time.