4112 S College Ave, Suite 112,
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Between Chili House & Hobby Lobby
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 9am - 3pm
See our CALENDAR
for other store closures
*** SEVERE Weather - call ahead to make sure we are open.
Little Elves Workshop : Weave yourself a fabric placemat
**. We will be making ONE RED placemat above in class. Supplies below discuss making 2
- Weaving tool for 1" strips-wefty needle (available here at the store.)
- Sewing machine in good working order with power cord, foot control & regular presser foot
- NEW 90 Microtex needle
- Iron (available at the store to use)
- fabric glue
- 18 x 22 pinning/ironing surface (foam core, cork, or wool mat)
- 18 x 23 iron on interfacing
- 1” bias tape maker to fold 2” strips to a 1” finished prior to class (use iron)
- Thread to match
o 1” wide finished strips as follows:
o Color A (solid red in sample) - 280 inches: Cut 7 strips 2” x wof. Use bias tape maker and iron to fold these strips into 1” finished.
o Color 2 (pink poka dot in sample) - 360 inches. Cut 9 strips 2” x wof. Use bias tape maker and iron to fold these strips into 1” finished.
o Color 3 (red poka dot in sample) - 360 inches. Cut 9 strips 2” x wof. Use bias tape maker and iron to fold these strips into 1” finished.
- 1/2 yard fabric for backing or 2 fat quarters (makes two backs)
- 1/2 yard heat resistant batting - Insulbright (enough for 2-4 placemats)
- 80” of binding per placemat to finish edges. Cut 2 strips 2 ¼” x wof. Join together and fold in half. Press.