4112 S College Ave, Suite 112,
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Between Chili House & Hobby Lobby
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 9am - 3pm
See our CALENDAR
for other store closures
*** SEVERE Weather - call ahead to make sure we are open.
The Sewing Workshop: Odette & Ivy with Joan
In this class you will make this cute and versatile tunic top.
During this 2-session class we will go from yardage of fabric to a fun Tunic top that you will get lots of compliments when you wear it. You will learn how to lay out a pattern and cut out the pieces. Then you will learn the basics of garment construction, tips on how to work with stretch knit fabrics and how to finish the tunic with top stitching.
- Sewing machine in good working order, power cord & foot control
- Serger (optional) to serge the seams for a nice finish
- Foot for your sewing machine for zig zag and one for straight stitch
- NEW 80/12 universal needle for use with stretch knit Matching thread color (cotton or polyester 40 weight)
- Tunic Top pattern - included in class fee
- Fabric for your Tunic (Please check with us when you purchase your fabric. Select the size according to your measurements matching the pattern instructions). Also, we have found that the measurements on the pattern envelope are too small and you may not have enough fabric for your tunic.
- Stay Tape to sew into your seams to keep your tunic looking great even after several times of washing/wearing it
- Double-sided adhesive tape for use when hemming your tunic
- Acrylic ruler that is at least 3X18 inches or larger
- Large sharp scissors for cutting fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting thread and trimming seams
- Straight pins – you will want to have new pins that work well with stretch knit fabrics
- Fabric marking chalk or marking pencil
Before Class Time:
- Purchase your fabric.
- Iron your fabric so it is ready to lay out the pattern and cut when you get to the class
- Come to Class with all your supplies ready and labeled
- Have fun selecting their fabric when they sign up for the class with the great assistance from the wonderful Sewing Circle staff
- Have fun during each 2.5 hour session as they learn the basic skills of garment creation
- Learn how tools can enhance the experience of garment creation
- Finish with a jacket they are proud of and enjoy wearing and feel good about what they have created